3/18/14

thinking of you...

I am playing with some new supplies today!  I know, not my norm CAS.  But this stuff is fun!  First off here is my card...

IMG_1449

OK so I used Simon Says new Wide Striped Background stamp and this really fun stuff called Goosebumps.  Its a milky colored liquid in a bottle that goes on wet and dries clear.  It comes in a spray or a dauber top bottle.  I used the dauber to create this look.

I covered the top of the stamp with Goosebumps and then blotted it a little to get the worn look, then stamped right onto the paper.  I quickly washed my stamp because it dries pretty fast and I didn't want it to ruin the stamp.  

IMG_1450

I took Seedless Preserves and Shabby Shutters (even though it doesn't look that green) and blended all of the front of the card.  Then I took a soft towel and cleaned the lines of the striped image to take more ink off and that is the look I got!  I added in a sentiment from the Handwritten Border set from Simon, as well.  Then I die cut 2 stars in vellum and hand stitched them tot he front of the card.  

IMG_1451

The last step was using Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz over the face of the card to give it that fun glittery look.  I love this stuff.  I have some Silver and a couple other colors to that I can't wait to play with.  OH, one more thing.  I also took the heat gun to the card front just to five those stars a little curl.  I wanted them to stand out more.  All the links to these products are in the list below...

Now tell me what you think?  Any thing I should have done differently?  Added?  Subtracted?  :)

Off to the gym!  Thanks for stopping in!  



Supply list:  


11 comments:

  1. That wide stamp just arrived on my doorstep this week, and I love what you've done with it! Perfect, just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stars and stripes Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I still knew it was you! Love the vellum with the little stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card, Laurie! Love the vellum stars with the little stitches! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, Laurie! Just right!!1
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rustic yet modern feel to this card, and love how you attached the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wide stripe stamp is so versatile I have seen it used at least 20 different ways but this is my favorite so far it reminds me of an antique sign where some of the paint has peeled in certain spots this technique sounds like fun I may have to give this product a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I need to get this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so very cool! Clearly I need to add the Goosebumps stuff to my stash because this effect is amazing. I love how you blended your inks. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card, and I just love purple! =)
    I might need to get goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope, it's awesome! I usually get a cool background created and then get stumped on how to finish it off. I like your idea of vellum shapes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS