10/10/15

PTI Countdown Day 1...

Welcome to Day 1 of the Papertrey Ink, October Release Countdown.  This release is full of some gorgeous new Christmas goodies, paper and.....a new color!  Today I am showcasing the new set called Enclosed: Wreath.

For this first card, I used Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical Die and the new Pure Poppy + White Basics Paper to create the card front.  I cut a wreath die and stamped the leaves and berries in Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewel.

IMG_1977

I cut the 'peace' out in Gold Adhesive Paper to frame the wreath.  And to finish it off, I added dots of Glossy Accents to the wreath to make the berries pop.  


IMG_1978

To show another way to use Enclosed: Wreath, I made a tag.  A fun find today...Monthly Moments: Journal Card 6 die, which is the large tag I used here....


IMG_1986

....fits perfectly with the Text Block dies.  I used the Text Block: Christmas die for this tag.  I added it in white with a layer of vellum behind it, after stamping the Enclosed: Wreath on the journal card base.  I added in some Ripe Avocado Saddle Stitch Ribbon and bells tied with red twine to finish of the card.  


IMG_1985

For my last card, I made one with a little different size. This card is 5 1/2" x 3 3/4".  I used Basic Bookmark 3 in the background but cut out only the bottom of the bookmark to use on the top and bottom of the background piece.  Next, I stamped the Rustic White panel with the new Fair Isle Borders in Pure Poppy.  


IMG_1981

I cut out the sentiment only in the Enclosed: Wreath frame in Gold Adhesive paper and then stamped the rest of the sentiment in black ink.

IMG_1982

I hope you have enjoyed today's projects.  There is lots more to see over at Nichole's blog.  I'll be back in a few days with the first group post for October.  Hope to see you then! 




Basic Supply List: (other PTI supplies linked above)


27 comments:

  1. Laurie, your cards are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your tag idea with the wreath showing through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your text block with vellum tag. So pretty. Thanks for all your examples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Clean and Simple cards are elegant. I like the tag in particular with the wreath peaking through the vellum and behind your sentiment. Great tags and card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always looking for tag ideas....love these

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always looking for tag ideas....love these

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of tags! the wreath is lovely, and you showcased it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really think the clean and simple style looks so professional. I really like the color combinations you have chosen for your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects. Love the wreath and how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurie these are all wonderful! I love the simple beauty that each of your projects always has! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your velum tag is so pretty! Great inspiration today (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what pretty projects!! I LOVE that new wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects! I especially love your tall and skinny card (wishful thinking, maybe?).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these! Love your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Laurie,

    OMG Girl!!! You hit it out of the park with these cards!!! For the life of me I can't choose one over the other!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so creative to put the die cut over the vellum, which is over the wreath design! I just love that look! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous projects, Laurie! I love all the touches of gold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Laurie, i love that wreath with the gold edging and Peace inside, and the new fair isle prints are great too, your tag is so classically beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards and tag! Wonderful release!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my favorite enclosed yet, and that last card, is just perfect in every way. Love the balance and the die cuts you used to bracket the panel.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS