10/13/15

Winter Florals...

So winter and Christmas are on their way...unless you live in Kansas were it is currently 80 degrees in October.  I have 3 cards to share with you today, all using new Papertrey Ink goodies from the October release.  My first 2 cards some in some non-traditional colors but still have the wintery feel.

I used some of the new Holiday Plaids with this card and the new Cover Plate: Winter Florals.

IMG_2015

I decided to use it in a different way and framed the plaid paper.  I added in a sentiment from Quilted: Winter and a little piece of Ripe Avocado Saddle Stitch ribbon.  

IMG_2016

This next card is a Holiday card with a more wintery feel using those non-traditional colors.

IMG_2018\

And guess what else?  This is my first. watercolored. image. ever.  I was a little nervous to even share it.  But I have been told by several crafty friends to let it go.  Let it go.  OK I won't go on singing.  :)  I did add some Aqua Mist in behind and then framed all of that with a vellum wine tag to give the bannered look.  I stamped the stripes in the background and then attached the focal point down with foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment in black and then finished it off by adding some Stickles all around the frame on the stamped image.  

IMG_2019

This last card was made with a more holiday look, but with an everyday sentiment.  

IMG_2020

I masked of a rectangle on the kraft card base and sponged in some Fresh Snow white ink.  On the top border, I stamped the dot image from Good Times stamp set again in white ink to give it a little snowy look.  I added in a heat embossed sentiment on the Pure Poppy strip.  Then I created a little holly arrangement from the Spruce and Sprigs set.  These holly and berry images are so much fun!  And super easy to line up on the dies.  

IMG_2021

So that is it for today.  We have one more day of group projects so stop back by tomorrow.  I hope you have enjoyed my cards!  Have a great day!

Kay Miller
Amy Sheffer


25 comments:

  1. Love all three of these projects, Laurie. Maybe, especially your first watercolored. image. ever. : )
    The masking on the birthday card is very clever in my book! Thanks for always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic designs Laurie! Stay cool, we have definitely started to cool down here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite. I first thought the soft panel on the birthday card was vellum, love the look of the whole ink - beautiful backdrop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that last card was vellum also! Great job on sponging and the dots stamped over top look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed? aDORed is more like it, Laurie ... what is not to love about a pink plaid, now tell me that? Your Christmas Poppy - spectacular. And the Kraft masked? I'm off to re-create that one right now!! Thank You!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous ! Thought for sure it was vellum ,wow love that you stamped it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie - Love the way you used the cover plate and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards - especially that first one - so inspiring! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And just why did you wait so long? This is my favourite post from you, ever. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So brilliant to rotate and use only half of the cover plate die! All of these cards are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Laurie and bravo on your first watercolor!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie, these are just GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see mooooooore :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laurie,

    Wonderful Cards!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you used just a portion of the cover plate! Love your water-coloring! Love your winter birthday card! Really, I just love your style in general! Are you feeling the love??

    ReplyDelete
  15. All 3 are just GORGEOUS! Love 'em all...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your cards today! What a great unexpected use of the coverplate on the first one, love it with the plaid, and the flower is just so pretty on the second one. Wonderful cluster on the third, you're rocking this release!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cover plate with that pretty plaid paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Gorgeous cards, Laurie. I really love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How gorgeous they are!!! Give some colors to the Winter

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS